COVID-19 testing will take place at several churches starting this month, including two in Austin.
The testing will take place from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on a limited walk-in basis. Residents can make an appointment by calling (312) 973-3867.
- Jan. 19-22: Friendship Baptist Church, 5200 W. Jackson Blvd.
- Jan 27-30: Second Mt. Olive Baptist Church, 5729 W. Chicago Ave.
- Feb. 2-5: Corinthian Temple Church of God in Christ, 4520 W. Washington Blvd.
- Feb. 10-13: People’s Church of the Harvest, 3570 W. Fifth Ave.
- Feb. 16-19: New Landmark Missionary Baptist Church, 2700 W. Wilcox St.
Rush University Medical Center will be doing the testing in partnership with Alive Church Network, a group of West Side pastors working with Rush to address issues driven by health inequities, according to Block Club Chicago.
“We have to meet the community where they are,” LaDawne Jenkins, manager of community engagement and health equity for Rush, told Block Club Chicago. “It’s not always easy to expect the community to come to the hospital.”
PCC encourages residents to call their COVID-19 hotline at (773) 295-3347 only if they have any of these symptoms: fever of 100.0 F or higher; cough, shortness of breath; sudden sense loss of taste or smell; diarrhea; nausea; or vomiting.