The community group Northwest Austin Council has invited the candidates for three West Side wards to discuss the issues with the public Wednesday, March 11.
The event, which will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at 5730 W. Division St., will feature these candidates, organizers say:
- 24th Ward: Vetress Boyce and Michael Scott Jr.
- 29th Ward: Ald. Deborah Graham and Chris Taliaferro
- 37th Ward: Ald. Emma Mitts and Tara Stamps
It’s the fist of at least a few events organized to give voters the chance to hear the candidates in person discuss the issues:
- The Westside chapter of the NAACP has scheduled candidate forums for later this month and early next month, before the April 7 runoff.
- And the West Side League of Women Voters will host a candidates forum 1 p.m. Saturday, March 21 at Third Unitarian Church, 301 N. Mayfield Ave.
Tuesday, March 10 is the deadline for voters to register by mail or online if they want to participate in next month’s aldermanic and mayoral runoff.
Voters can also register in person at the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners office, 69 W. Washington St. (sixth floor). Bring two forms of ID, at least one of which that shows your current address.
You don’t need to register if you voted in the Feb. 24th election.
If you miss Tuesday’s deadline to register, you may register during the grace period that runs from March 11 through April 4 at any of the locations listed here, regardless of where you live in Chicago.
Voters will not be able to register on election day, April 7.
For more information about Wednesday’s forum, call (773) 379-7961 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; for more information about the March 21 event, contact (773) 826-8115.