Kick off the New Year by working out for free from Jan. 3-9 at any of the Chicago Park District’s 71 fitness centers, including five in or near Austin.
“We encourage Chicagoans to take advantage of this special incentive,” Chicago Park District General Superintendent and CEO Mike Kelly said in a written statement. “Physical activity is one step toward leading a healthy lifestyle.”
During this week’s promotion, patrons who extend the complimentary one-week period into either a three-month or annual gold card membership will receive a free Nike cinch bag while supplies last. The new gold card membership allows patrons the ability to workout at any of the park district’s fitness centers.
Another new feature includes monthly, three-month or annual memberships. Membership rates range from $30 to $60 for three months.
Registration for memberships can be made through the park district’s new registration system starting Jan. 3. Patrons must set up an account before registering online or in-person for a membership.
The fitness centers feature state-of-the-art equipment including computerized treadmills, cross trainers, upright and recumbent bicycles, free weights and benches, cable cross-overs, multi-station weight machines and core-focused weight equipment.
Check out these West Side fitness centers:
- Amundsen Park, 6200 W. Bloomingdale Ave., 312.746.5003 (accessible equipment)
- Austin Town Hall Park, 5610 W. Lake St., 773.287.7658 (accessible equipment)
- Columbus Park, 500 S. Central Ave., 773.287.7641 (accessible equipment)
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave., 312.746.5092 (accessible equipment)
- LaFollette Park, 1333 N. Laramie Ave., 773.287.0541
For more information, call 312.742.PLAY.