The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) is reminding residents to get their annual flu shot.
Older people, young children and those with certain health conditions are at high risk for serious flu complications. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting vaccinated each fall, as flu season is starting; it peaks in January or February.
City health officials are giving free shots for the next several weeks, including at these West Side locations:
- Monday, Nov. 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the 24th Ward office, 1158 S. Keeler Ave.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the 11th District Police headquarters, 3153 W. Harrison St.
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the 25th District Police headquarters, 5555 W. Grand Ave.
(A list of the other Chicago locations is listed below.)
- The vouchers are for Chicago residents who do not have insurance coverage for a flu shot and cannot afford to pay for a flu shot.
- The vouchers are valid in any Walgreens pharmacy located in the Chicago area through April 15, 2016.
- The voucher will cover Walgreens cost of the flu shot and Walgreen’s administration of the flu shot. There are no cost or fees to the voucher recipient. The vouchers are only valid for seasonal flu shots and are not redeemable for other medication, products, food, store credit or cash.
- Children 10 – 18 years (with a parent/guardian) and adults can get a flu shot with these vouchers at a Walgreens pharmacy. Children 2 through 13 years of age (with a parent/guardian) can use these vouchers to get vaccinated at a Walgreens Take Care Clinic.
- Individuals may request a single voucher or multiple vouchers. Due to the limited supply, a maximum of three vouchers per request.
If you are interested in requesting a voucher(s) for a free flu shot, please provide the following information by clicking here.
- Address (for vouchers to be sent)
- Number of vouchers being requested (maximum: 3)
If you have any questions about the voucher program, contact Ivan Story at (312) 746-5381 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Wed., 11/4/2015||25th Ward-Rudy Lozano Library||1805 S. Loomis Ave.||11am-3pm|
|Thurs., 11/5/2015||15th Ward Office||1650 W. 63rd St.||9am-2pm|
|Thurs., 11/5/2015||46th Ward-Weiss Hospital||4700 N. Marine Drive||10am-2pm|
|Fri., 11/6/2015||17th Ward Office||1344 W. 79th St.||9am-1pm|
|Fri., 11/6/2015||26th Ward-Humboldt Park||1440 N. Humboldt Dr.||11am-3pm|
|Sat., 11/7/2015||Arturo Velasquez Institute-Family Flu Day||2800 S. Western Ave.||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 11/7/2015||Daley College-Family Flu Day||7500 S. Pulaski Rd.||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 11/7/2015||Wright College-Family Flu Day||4300 N. Narragansett Ave.||9am-2pm|
|Mon., 11/9/2015||24th Ward Office||1158 S. Keeler Ave.||10am-2pm|
|Mon., 11/9/2015||38th Ward Office||3821 N. Harlem Ave.||10am-2pm|
|Tues., 11/10/2015||Chicago Police Department-19th District||2452 W. Belmont Ave.||9am-3pm|
|Fri., 11/13/2015||39th Ward Office||4404 W. Lawrence Ave.||10am-2pm|
|Sat., 11/14/2015||22nd Ward-El Valor Children & Family Center||2434 S. Kildare Ave.||10am-2pm|
|Sun., 11/15/2015||St. Michael the Archangel Parish||1936 W. 48th St.||9am-2pm|
|Tues., 11/17/2015||Chicago Police Department-11th District||3153 W. Harrison St.||9am-3pm|
|Wed., 11/18/2015||Chicago Police Department-25th District||5555 W. Grand Ave.||9am-3pm|
|Thurs., 11/19/2015||6th Ward Office||8001 S. Martin Luther King Drive||9am-2pm|
|Friday, 11/20/2015||7th Ward Office||2249 E. 95th St.||10am-2pm|
|Sat., 12/5/2015||45th Ward Office||4754 N. Milwaukee Ave.||10am-2pm|
|Wed., 12/9/2015||City Hall-2nd Floor Lobby||121 N. LaSalle St.||9am-2pm|
|Sat., 12/12/2015||16th Ward Office||1504 W. 63rd St.||10am-2pm|