The meeting starts at 10:30 a.m. at Chicago Public Schools’ headquarters, 125 S. Clark St., fifth floor.
Plato and KIPP, along with 10 other charter operators due for renewal recommendations, were reviewed on several factors, including contract compliance, charter governance, history of fiscal management, academic growth and ISAT, PSAE and ACT test scores, and parent input, according to CPS.
The board heard CPS’ renewal recommendations Thursday night.
Read AustinTalks’ “Plato and other charter schools up for contract renewal” for more information on the contract-renewal process for Austin’s charter schools.
The other 10 charter schools up for a contract-renewal vote at February’s meeting include:
· ACE Tech Charter School
· Amandla Charter School
· Aspira Charter School (Early College, Haugan and Ramirez campuses)
· Betty Shabazz International Charter School (DuSable, Shabazz and Sizemore campuses)
· Community Services West Career Academy
· North Lawndale College Prep (Christiana and Collins campuses)
· Passages Charter School
· University of Chicago Charter School (Donoghue, North Kenwood/Oakland, Woodlawn and Woodson campuses)
· UNO (Casas, Fuentes, Homan Charter Elementary, Cisneros, Garcia, Paz, Marquez, Torres, Tamayo, Zizumbo, St. Marks, UNO Near West Elementary and UNO North Side Elementary campuses)
· Young Women’s Leadership Charter School of Chicago