Residents can recycle their Christmas trees from Jan. 5-18 free of charge at 23 different drop-off sites in the city. Recycling trees helps to keep alleys clear and reduces materials deposited in landfills.
The recycled trees will be ground into fragrant mulch and will be available to residents for no cost starting Jan. 11 at the 23 locations.
Make sure all ornaments, garland and other trimmings are removed from the tree before recycling it.
Here are the drop-off locations:
- Garfield Park, 100 N. Central Park Ave.
- Grant Park, 900 S. Columbus Drive
- Humboldt Park Boathouse, 1369 N. Sacramento Ave.
- Sheridan Park, 910 S. Aberdeen St.
- Clark Park, 3400 N. Rockwell St.
- Kelvyn Park, 4438 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Lincoln Park, Cannon Drive at Fullerton Ave.
- Margate Park, 4921 N. Marine Dr.
- North Park Village, 5801 N. Pulaski Rd.
- Norwood Park, 5801 N. Natoma Ave.
- Portage Park, 4100 N. Long Ave.
- Riis Park. 6201 W. Wrightwood Ave.
- Warren Park, 6601 N. Western Ave.
- Bessemer Park, 8930 S. Muskegon Ave.
- Forestry Site, 900 E. 103rd St.
- Jackson Park, 6300 S. Cornell Ave.
- Kennedy Park, 2427 W. 113th St.
- Lake Meadows Park, 3117 S. Rhodes
- Marquette Park, 6700 S. Kedzie Ave., near the golf course
- Mt. Greenwood Park, 3721 W. 111th St.
- McKinley Park, 2210 W. Pershing Road
- Rowan Park, 11546 S. Ave. L
- Wentworth Park, 5701 S. Narragansett Ave.