High school students have until Aug. 31 to submit applications for the Illinois African American Coalition for Prevention’s paid internship program.
The selected candidate will serve as a staff member on the Choose Respect Iillinois team, which coordinates trainings, workshops, and program support for 14 communities statewide to promote broad youth-led efforts to foster healthier realtionships among youth.
The Choose Respect Illinois Youth Intern should be between the ages of 15 and 18 (preferably a sophomore or junior in high school); have demonstrated leadership in a school-based, faith-based or youth services-based activity; and have effective oral and written communication skills.
The Choose Respect paid internship benefits include:
- Just 10-15 hours participation a month.
- A monthly stipend and CTA fare card.
- Develop college and resume ready skills and experiences.
- Travel throughout Illinois for conferences, workshops and site visits.
- Gain skills in Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Adobe Publisher.
- Assist in the designing and administrating of the Choose Respect networking site and E- Zine (electronic magazine).
- Connect with others who are passionate about violence prevention.
- Earn service-learning hours.
Click here for more information and to complete the online application.
Applicants with questions or concerns can contact Kristy Rauch, special initiatives director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.