The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Partnership for a Healthier America and The FruitGuys are giving away free, healthy meal kits to 2,000 local families every week for four weeks starting Feb. 28 to help combat food insecurity.
Each registered family will receive one meal kit a week every week in March, with each meal kit containing all of the ingredients and recipes needed to cook three delicious meals for a family of four. Examples of recipes included in the meal kits are pasta and ceci (chickpea pasta), lentil stew, stuffed bell peppers and portobello mushroom burgers.
To participate, sign up at fruitguys.com/mealkit by Monday.
Families can pick up the kits at one of the following YMCA locations and times, or opt for home delivery:
- South Side YMCA: 6330 S. Stony Island (Pick up Tuesdays 11 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
- McCormick YMCA: 1834 N. Lawndale Ave. (Pick up Mondays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Rauner Family YMCA: 2700 S. Western Ave. (Pick up Mondays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Kelly Hall YMCA: 824 N. Hamlin (Pick up Mondays 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Garfield YMCA Head Start Center: 7 N. Homan Ave (Pick up Wednesdays 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- North Lawndale YMCA Early Child Education: 3449 W. Arthington St. (Pick up Wednesdays 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.)